Accounting Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Chief Accountant – Steel Company,
Gross Salary: Ksh 120k – 150k,
Our client is a multinational company looking to seek to hire an experienced Chief Accountant whose overall responsibility will be to supervise and monitor the activities of accounting, reporting and the reconciliation functions of the department as well as oversee financial reporting in accordance with International Accounting standards.
- Oversees and directs specific accounting activities, including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Period End/Year End closing, and financial reporting.
- Prescribes adequate systems of internal control to ensure accuracy and adequacy of accounting records and documentation, including appropriate procedures, manuals, and standard practice instructions.
- Manages accountants and periodically reviews general ledger entries, to check accuracy and compliance with the established rules and accounting principles and that all entries are supported with valid documentation.
- Ensures that all operations within functions are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages month-end closing, including review of general ledger entries, preparing accruals, and other closing journals as deemed necessary.
- Interacts with auditors and participates in year-end audit by providing documents and materials as required.
- Identifies all recurring journal entries for posting to the general ledger in each accounting period and forwards the list to the GL Accountant for preparation and posting.
- Delegates duties and assignments; reviews work for accuracy, and conformance to policies and procedures; evaluates and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Oversees the analyses of current and historical financial operations and estimating future revenues and expenditures for budgets preparations.
- Oversees the formulation, preparation, monitoring and presentation of actual and budgeted figures in accordance with the set objectives, targets and plans.
- Supervises the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements in co-ordination with other departments that is consistent with International Accounting Standards and SOCPA.
- Analyzes records of current and historical operations, trends and costs, projected and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred as well as assesses future revenues and expenses.
- Understands and maintains standard costing system develops appropriate internal controls to assure a high degree of inventory accuracy and transactional integrity.
- Maintains budgeting systems which provide control of revenue and expenses.
- Advises the Finance & Accounting Manager on matters such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provides monthly and quarterly variance reports between actual and budgeted figures to Finance & Accounting Manager.
- Provides actual vs. budget variance reports along with all necessary explanations on large variances (specified in the policy manual) for management’s review and approval.
- Performs a review and reconciliation on a quarterly basis of all source documents to the applicable subsidiary reports.
- Maintains relations with vendors, contractors and customers and responds to their queries and liaises with them for resolution of issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in financial & management accounting.
- Must have a CPA-K.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- MUST possess strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
N.B: Experience working in a multicultural background is preferred