IT Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Group IT Manager,
Our client is an established company in Kenya with over 15 years in the manufacturing industry. They seek to hire a Group IT Manager who will be in charge of all matters related to ICT for the Group of companies in Kenya and across the region. The candidate is expected to remain abreast of the latest technologies relative to the businesses, and be instrumental in driving them within the organizations.
The candidate will be expected to lead the group’s direction on matters of IT, innovation, modernization, and digital transformation. Where necessary the candidate will work closely with external expertise in subject matters to improve and develop the Group IT platform.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Analyze and contribute to the functional specifications provided by process owners ensuring efficient and effective user support and adequate support for the systems in place.
- Continually analyzing the organization’s business requirements to determine their IT needs as well as keep the organization updated with the newest in NAV dynamics, proper configurations, and development activities to the company’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV system, ensuring an automated and flawless workflow process across all functions
- Lead and coordinate development of our IT infrastructure to ensure key business and processes are well supported by systems that enable growth and flexibility.
- Identifying & Eliminating security infrastructure and cyber vulnerabilities and cyber risks with strategic solutions that increase data security as well as put in place disaster management and business continuity processes and infrastructure to ensure business continuity.
- Protect the company and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels.
- Drive process automation and digitization by identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Optimize our return on IT investment by acquiring cost-justified IT components, as measured by performance, support availability, price, upgradeability, and future industry trends.
- Manage, improve and monitor the Group IT System needs, ensuring real-time upgrade and ensuring user satisfaction.
- Coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services, with minimal downtime IT Policies and procedures, ensuring consistency in standards and leveraging on common systems.
- Put in place vendor management processes and all IT-related obligations to ensure the organization’s needs are met.
- Ensure IT infrastructure is successfully evolved to achieve continuous improvement and competitive advantage by identifying needs; developing and providing appropriate training and support to all users.
- Provide annual capital investment proposals and supporting budgets for all aspects of the ICT department.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the ICT strategic direction and objectives to all staff to promote employee engagement and productivity.
- Manage the IT coordinators in each of the group companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering Information Systems, or a related field.
- Professional ICT qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), CCNA or other equivalent and recognized qualifications and a member of the Computer Society of Kenya.
- Excellent practical experience in Computer Systems, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, Dynamics NAV, Dynamic CRM, Jet Reports, D365 Business Central, Office 365-Suite (SharePoint, PowerApps, SynchroTeam, Power BI), Telephone systems.
- Knowledge in operational technologies such as PLCs, SCADA in an industrial environment is an added advantage.
- 8-years of experience working in IT operations
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent Project Management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- A firm grasp on IT infrastructure and ICT best practices.