Legal jobs In Kenya.
Job Title: Litigation Advocate,
Gross Salary: Kshs 100,000,
Our client is in the Mining industry based in Kisumu and they seek to hire an experienced Litigation Advocate who will be tasked with managing all phases of litigation from the investigation, pleadings, and discovery through the pre-trial, trial, settlement, and appeal processes for the Company.
- Drafting and reviewing of litigation documents including pleadings, notices, affidavits & correspondence.
- Furnishing legal opinions and advice on any areas of the law arising in civil & commercial litigation to the management.
- Attending court at the High Court and Magistrate’s Court where need be.
- Conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters.
- Conducting the administration of an attorney’s practice, including file management and electronic time-keeping.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents ensuring attention to detail.
- To be able to demonstrate that they are technically very able across a sufficiently wide area, able to work without significant supervision and have developed a particular strength and reputation in their work area.
- To be able to show a track record of achieving their fee targets and time targets and that the targets are appropriate for their position and level of qualification.
- Offering advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Research on diverse range of assigned issues, documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, with a current Practicing Certificate.
- Have at least 5 years post admission working experience.
- Be computer literate.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and have the ability to handle pressure.
- Have the ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
- Have the ability to work as a team.
- Be a person of unquestionable integrity with a high sense of professionalism.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and aggressive.
- The advocate should be ready to work and be stationed in Kisumu